- June 1777, Willam hazen cuts down and sells white pine trees.
- He sells these tress to the british to build ships.
- Americans try to stop him from selling wood to the british and send him to jail for selling without a license.
- settlers came to canada for its large supply of natural resources.
- 80% of timber was supplied from new brunswick.
- Europen head west to fine new riches.
- Hundon bay fights with other componys for resources.
- The mowachaht nation dominates trade on the west coast.
- in 1778 maquinna meets british explorer james cook and trades with him.
Group content visibility:
Use group defaults