- all leadership members hold equal powers and are accountable to everyone
- the clan mother; usually the oldest women in the clan, holds a leadership role and has to power to depose a cheif.
- the cheif is responsbale or the welafe of his nation and represents the options and issues of all those concerned.
- within the system there is also a male and women faith keeper, both who are responsible for spiritual guidence for the people.
- the nisga'a had four clans
- the faith keepers are in charge of conducting seasonal ceremonies and the four sacered rituals.
Group content visibility:
Use group defaults