- The Nisga'a had 4 clans- Killer Whale, Raven, Eagle and Wolf.
- Iroquois chiefs were male but they inheirited their rights to hold the position of office through their mother.
- Iroquois had three to ten clans, each with their own language.
- Most Iroquois chose a civil chief and a war chief.
- Nisga'a Lisms Governement governs the Iroquois.
- As of 2011, 1,909 Nisga'a live in Nass River Valley in British Columbia.
- Haudenosaunee are apart of the Haudensaunee Confederacy, with the confederacy running from the Genesee River, through to the Great Lakes.
- Apart of the Haudenosaunee was the Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga, Oneida, and the Onondaga; and joined by the Tuscaroras in 1722.
- The Nisga'a didn't sign any treaties with the British, in which their territory was surrendered or turned over, in return for some rights and guarantees, also, over a 100 year time period, their lands has been possessed because of the forestry and mineral resources which they had.
- The self-government ministries gave the Nisga'a control over most aspects of their societies, whuih included language, culture, property, education, and health and social services.
Group content visibility:
Private - accessible only to group members